Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Maria Sharapova: Tennis Beauty Basks in the Sun on Bahamas Birthday Celebration

Maria Sharapova Takes Time to Relax on 24th Birthday in the Bahamas

Maria Sharapova deserves some time off. She's been working her tail off trying to get back into form, and it has paid off with a number nine world ranking.

The tennis star, and fiancee to New Jersey Nets brick layer Sasha Vujacic, took time to relax and celebrate in the Bahamas this past weekend.

The woman who is worth millions of dollars was turning 24. When I was that age, I was just trying to make sure I had enough bus fare for tomorrow's ride to work. Then again, I never had the serve or volley that Maria does. I'm also not much to look at in a tennis skirt either.

MUST READ: 25 Worst Events in Sports

Sharapova took off after watching her man close out the NBA season. She was greeted on her birthday with a three-tiered cake. She had nothing but nice things to say on her big day.

I want to thank all my fans for all their Happy Birthday wishes. I am having a great day surrounded by family and friends!

Maria is also featured in a brand new Nike ad "Lace up, Save Lives." It is a campaign hoping to raise money and awareness for AIDS relief in Africa. You can see the commercial spot here.

So when she isn't busy being all hot and playing tennis, she is lending a hand to a great cause.

No wonder she needed a break. I am tired just thinking about her. If you need me, I will be in a corner continuing to think about Maria Sharapova.

D.C. United Colorado Rapids Southern California Seahorses Fulham Orange County Blue Star

No comments:

Post a Comment