Friday, January 27, 2012

Dwight Howard Free Agency: His Flirtation with the Boston Celtics Is Digusting

I have been one of the biggest backers of Dwight Howard and him staying in Orlando. My enthusiasm for the future of the Magic with Dwight came to a screeching halt when I read that Dwight may be willing to listen to the Celtics regarding a possible move there.

I still believe that he could become a legend in Orlando, but I am now growing tired of his flip-flopping. I, as a writer, am confused by his intentions. As a fan, I am frustrated with how he has treated the organization that has done everything within their power to make him successful.

Obviously there is a disconnect between Otis Smith and Dwight which may never be fixed. At this point, as an Orlando Magic writer, I cannot wait until the day that I can write about something besides Dwight Howard.

Fans in other markets love the potential of having the best center in the league come to their home town. In Orlando, the fans adore him, but quite frankly I'm disgusted with the way he flirts with other cities while playing in Orlando.

I hate to say this, but I respect LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony more for the choices they made. At least LeBron James waited until after his final season with Cleveland to entertain other teams’ offers. Carmelo played hard for Denver, but he made it loud and clear that he wanted to play for the New York Knicks.

Dwight Howard is doing the City of Orlando wrong. He tells the Magic fans that he loves them, and then tells the Boston Herald, regarding him coming there as a free agent, that he will “always listen to a team like that [Boston Celtics].” He’s essentially spitting in the face of all Magic fans and the organization who gave him every tool to grow as a player.

They brought in Patrick Ewing to essentially be Dwight’s own personal coach. They hired Mark Price to teach him how to shoot free throws (which is obviously not working).

Dwight Howard is like the boyfriend who still lives in his girlfriend's house and is using their home phone to meet new girls.

Magic fans, it’s time to stop letting him live in your house and use your phone. Boo him every chance you get until he is out of town. He doesn’t love you, let him go.

Central Conference Rochester Rhinos Westchester Flames Bolton Wanderers

No comments:

Post a Comment