Friday, May 11, 2012

Soccer Outsider: United vs. San Jose match diary

EDITOR?S NOTE:�The opinions below are those of Soccer Outsider Jeff Maurer and not Soccer Insider Steven Goff.

I?ll try to give my usual, unvarnished opinions during this match, but you should know: the San Jose Earthquakes have a very active PR department. In fact, it was a comment I made during a national team match (I made a Guns ?N Roses analogy in which I called Chris Wondolowski ?the Buckethead of international soccer?) that indirectly led to the ?the opinions in this column are those of Jeff Maurer, not Steve Goff? disclaimer that precedes every column. The benefit of a blog is that I ? unlike a journalist ? can be opinionated. On the other hand, I?ll try to be fair to San Jose?s players. Although it?s not going to be easy when Steven Lenhart looks like Will Ferrell had a baby with a Portuguese water dog.

Read full article >>

Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Add to Reddit Add to StumbleUpon

New Jersey Ironmen

No comments:

Post a Comment